Tejas Express will be a semi high speed train brand of Indian railways to be introduced with modern on board facilities. Tejas Express is set to roll out in 2017. The coaches are manufactured at Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala .
The newly designed coaches are capable of running at a speed of 200 km/h (120 mph) but due to constraints related to rail tracks these coaches will run at a speed of 160 km/h (99 mph). The first rake comprising 20 coaches including sixteen non-executive and two executive chair cars besides one power coach will be handed over to the Northern Railway by May 15.
The Tejas Express, which boasts of several modern facilities on-board like LED TV and tea/coffee vending machine, will be flagged off from Mumbai for Goa on May 22.
The train’s interior colour scheme will match the exterior to give the passengers a feel of world class travel.
After the Mumbai-Goa run, the Tejas service is likely to be pressed on the Delhi- Chandigarh route.
Here are few things to look forward to if you are travelling by Tejas Express:
1. The new Mumbai-Goa Tejas Express will run at a speed of 130 kmph.
2. Tejas Express will have a lot of new features like Wi-Fi facility, LCD screens, automatic doors in all the coaches.
3. The Tejas Express will have 20 coaches and the train will be operating five days a week between Mumbai and Goa.
4. The executive class and the chair class in the Tejas Express will have facilities like snacks tables, magazines and tea, coffee vending machines.
5. The Tejas Express between Mumbai and Goa will have a completely new feature for visually challenged travellers i.e there will an assistance Braille.
6. The officials of the Railway Ministry said that the Mumbai-Goa Tejas Express will also have a CCTV cameras facility for the security of the passengers.
7. The high-speed train will also have other features like hand dryers, water level indicators and touchless water taps.
8. Bio-Vacuum toilets facility will be available in all the coaches of the Tejas Express.
9. The high-speed train will be having an automatic entrance plug-type doors. The automatic entrance plug-type doors will have better sound and also a heat insulation. It will also have secure gangways which help in reducing sound, dirt and sand.
10. The train will be having all the safety measures like suppression system, fire suppression system, smoke detection and fire detection.
11. The Tejas Express will have a GPS-based passenger information display system and a digital destination board for the convenience of the passengers.
12. Tejas Express’s Executive Class fare has been fixed at Rs2,540 without food and Rs2,940 with food; the Chair Car fare is at Rs1,850 with food and Rs1,220 without food
The Shatabdi fares are Rs 2,390 and Rs 1,185 in EC and CC respectively which include food also.
Menu of Tejas Express(From Twitter)
Here are some images of Tejas express taken from twitter:
Sources: News18, Wikipedia, Twitter(Images)