How to register at irctc?
Click on this link to get step by step guide to see how to register at irctc -http://irctc.co.in/iticketGuide.html
What are the various classes of travel and their codes?
First class Air-Conditioned & Executive class in Shatabdi trains- 1A
- AC 2-tier sleeper- 2A
- First class – FC
- AC 3 Tier – 3A
- AC 3 Economic- 3E
- AC chair Car- CC
- Sleeper Class -SL
- Second Sitting – 2S
How do I find out STATION CODE for a given station?
The user can find the station codes by using the Station Code Finders provided on “Plan My Travel”, “Fare Enquiry”, “Trains From/To”, and “Get Availability” pages. The user can enter the first three letters of the station name and click search to get the list of matching stations and the station codes.
How can I use the internet reservation facility to plan my journey?
Get yourself registered online by submitting the Registration Form available in www.irctc.co.in with your personal details. Further details are available at the IRCTC website.
How much extra should I pay for my I-ticket?
IRCTC charges a service charge of Rs.40/- per ticket in case of Second Class and Sleeper Class tickets and Rs.60/- per ticket in case of tickets of other classes.(These charges are not per passenger) Apart from this service charge of IRCTC, transaction charges as notified will be levied by the banks for each transaction.
Is it safe to give the credit card number at this site?
This is a VeriSign certified site (Click on the VeriSign logo to see the certificate). All the monetary transactions made on this site are secure. The credit card details are received on the site and transmitted to the Payment Gateways through secure SSL mode under 128-bit browser independent encryption. This site does not store or record the credit card details. All the transactions are handled directly by Payment Gateways only.
How secure is my Password?
The Password entered by you is transmitted in one way encrypted form to our database and stored as such. The Password will not be known even to IRCTC. Thus you are solely responsible for the safe custody of your password
How do I check the route of a train?
You have to login and click on the Time Table link from the navigation menu on the left. The page asks for Train No. (Use the “Train Finder” for help, entering the first three letters of the train name) and the service Day of the train. After submission, the page displays the route of the train with the arrival and departure timings at all the stations and the distance of each station from the originating station.
How can I check the Fare for my journey?
You have to login and click on the “Fares” link on the navigation menu. The page asks for the Train No. (Use “Train Finder” for assistance entering the first three letters of the train name), Origin & Destination Stations (Use “Station Finder” for assistance entering the first three letters of the station name), Date of Journey, the date being any service day of the train, Class (Select from the dropdown list box), Age and Concession desired to get the Fare for a single passenger.
I want to travel from (A) to (B). How can I find the trains available between the stations?
After logging in, click on the “Trains From/To” link from the left side navigation menu. The link takes you to a page where you are prompted to select the Source Station & Destination Station (Use ”the Station Finder” for help entering the first three letters of the station name), Date, the date being any service day of the train; and Class (Select one from the dropdown box). The page displays the list of all the trains running on the date specified and with the desired class between the above pair of stations, with their service days. The screen also displays three buttons “Get Fare”, “Show Route” and “Show availability” to get the Fare details, Train route and Availability Status details respectively.
What are the different types of concessions available for Passengers?
At present irctc offers Concession tickets only to Senior Citizens. This concession is also offered only on specific request made by the User by clicking the relevant button on the online reservation form. Other concession tickets can be availed at the PRS counters at any Railway Reservation Office.(Children below 12 years need pay only 50% fare, as for normal tickets) No concession of any type including senior citizen for tatkal ticket.
What are the rules for cancellation of I-ticket?
Click on the link to get full detail – http://irctc.co.in/itktcanc_new.html
Is cancellation possible on Internet? How will I get my I-ticket cancelled that I have booked at this site?
At present, cancellation is not possible on the Internet. Cancellation of any ticket can be made at PRS counters at any Railway Reservation Office. No cash refunds will be made at the counter. The refund (after deducting the cancellation charges applicable as per Railway cancellation rules) will be credited back directly to your credit card / bank account electronically.
How do I cancel my I-ticket if the train has already departed and time/distance limit is over?
After the departure of the train up to the time / distance limit prescribed by Railway Commercial Rules the ticket can be cancelled normally at any of the Railway Reservation Counters where a “Cancellation Slip” will be given to you & the due refund amount will be credited back to your Credit card / Bank account. If these time limits also have lapsed you will be required to deposit the ticket with the reservation counter / station master & you will be issued a Ticket Deposit Receipt (TDR). This TDR should be sent in original to the following address immediately:
General Manager (Operations)
Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Ltd.,
2nd Floor, STC Building,
1, Tolstoy Marg,
New Delhi -110001
IRCTC will process the case with the Refunds office of the concerned Railway where the train had originated & request for the refunds as due. After verification of the charts from the concerned railway, the refunds office sanctions a refund which is sent to IRCTC. IRCTC on receipt of the same credits it to your credit card / bank account. This process may take anything from 3 – 6 months or more depending on the processing speeds, chart verification etc. at the concerned Railway Stations.
How do I get compensated if I was forced to travel in a lower class than what I had booked, or AC was not working etc?
In such cases the Guard Certificate (GC) issued by the train superintendent, TTE, Guard etc must be obtained and sent along with ticket in original to the following address immediately:
Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Ltd.,
2nd Floor, STC Building,
1, Tolstoy Marg,
New Delhi -110001
IRCTC will process the case with the Refunds office of the concerned Railway where the train had originated & request for the refunds as due. After verification of the records from the concerned railway, the refunds office sanctions a refund which is sent to IRCTC. IRCTC on receipt of the same credits it to your credit card / bank account. This process may take anything from 3 – 6 months or more depending on the processing speeds, record verification etc. at the concerned Railway Stations.
How can I modify the details of my I-ticket?
Postponement / Advancement of journey, Change of passenger details, Change of boarding point etc, can be done across any Reservation counters subject to existing Railway rules. Payment, if any, has to be paid in Cash.
How will I get my I-tickets delivered?
To get the tickets delivered at his desired address by the courier, the booking should be done two / three clear calendar days (Please see the areas covered link on the home page for details) in advance of the date of travel.
How much time before my date of journey should I give to ensure Home Delivery?
Minimum 3 days
Can I book I-tickets from outside India?
Customers can book tickets from anywhere in the World, but, ticket can be delivered only in the cities mentioned click here. Customer can also get the ticket delivered to a Hotel, address of a friend / relative if it is in the area of delivery. In such cases, Customers are requested to inform the hotel authorities and IRCTC well in advance. Also at the time of delivery the person receiving the ticket on your behalf should produce an authority letter from the Registered User permitting her to receive the ticket, along with the PNR number of the ticket and her personal identification.
While booking, the amount was debited but ticket not booked. What should I do?
If for some reason, you could not see the ticket confirmation page, please check your “Booked Tickets” list, wherein the details of all the successfully booked tickets would be available. If you do not see the desired transaction on this list, it means that the ticket has not been booked. The amount debited would be credited back to you in full without levying any charges. You may retry the transaction for booking your ticket.
How do I know the status of the delivery of my I-ticket?
You can track the status of delivery of your ticket by entering the PNR No. in the ‘Track Your Ticket’ page provided on the site, from the next day of booking the ticket. You may also contact the local courier office at the address / phone numbers provided on the same page.
What details should I provide to the Courier for delivery of my I-ticket?
You will be required to produce the proof of your identity along with the transaction ID and PNR No. of your ticket for verification. If you are authorizing some one to collect your ticket on your behalf, that person should have in addition to above, an authority letter, which should clearly contain the PNR No, from you for effecting delivery as well as proof of his/her identity.
What should I do if I don’t see the confirmation of my booking on my screen?
On pressing the “Buy” button on the ticket reservation page, the payment is processed and the booking is done and the confirmation of your booking is displayed on your screen. If for any reason, the reservation output details are not displayed in your monitor, please check the details in menu “BOOKED TICKETS” under “Booking History” in Home Page. You may also check your e-mail for the details of your booking. You are also advised to contact IRCTC before trying to book the ticket again with the same particulars of journey.
Why do I get the details of some irrelevant trains if I try some enquiries?
Your browser page may be displaying some old pages and may need refreshing. Press F5 or Refresh button on the browser. You may also need to set the “REFRESH” to be done automatically for every visit to the page in the Internet settings of your browser.
I had selected a particular berth preference, but have been allotted a different berth. Why is it so?
The allotment of berths is done by the Centralised Reservation System of Indian Railways, which is based on a pre-defined logic. As per this logic, lower berths are allotted to Senior Citizens even without preference, and the berths are allotted as per preference on a first come first serve basis. Compact accommodation (for families / groups) is also attempted while allotting the berths. If the preferred berths are not available, then other available berths in General Quota as per the allotment logic would be allotted. IRCTC has no role in the allotment of berths.
Is refund permissible against lost/misplaced I-tickets?
No refund is permissible against lost/misplaced tickets. Loss of tickets be reported to railways immediately to prevent fraudulent use of lost tickets. However, duplicate ticket can be issued only in case of lost/torn/mutilated , confirmed or RAC Internet (I) tickets and the passenger can travel on the accommodation reserved for him as per extant Railway rules.
How can I get in touch with IRCTC?
You can reach irctc at firstname.lastname@example.org.Do contact irctc at 24*7 Hrs. Customer Support at 011-23340000, MON – SAT(10 AM – 6 PM) 011 – 23345500/ 4787/ 4773/ 5800/ 8539/ 8543, Chennai Customer Care 044 – 25300000.
What is Verified by Visa?
Verified by Visa is a unique service that uses personal passwords or identity information to help protect Visa card numbers against unauthorized use. Once activated your Visa card number cannot be used for online purchases without your personal password. Verified by Visa is available for most Visa cards from participating financial institutions.
How does it help me?
Verified by Visa provides an extra level of protection for online shopping. Visa always protects its cardholders against unauthorized use, but Verified by Visa helps to prevent unauthorized use online before it can happen.
How it works?
Verified by Visa protects your existing Visa card with a password you create, giving you assurance that only you can use your Visa card online. Simply activate your card and create your personal password. You’ll get the added confidence that your Visa card is safe when you shop at participating online stores.
How do I know my bank is having VbV facility?
You may ask from the help desk/ Call Center of the card issuing bank.
What is MasterCard SecureCode?
MasterCard SecureCode is unique service that uses private code to help protect your card against unauthorized use when you shop at participating online merchants.
How does MasterCard SecureCode work?
Once you’ve registered and created your own private SecureCode, you will be automatically prompted by your financial institution at checkout to provide your SecureCode each time you make a purchase with a participating online merchant. Your SecureCode is quickly confirmed by your financial institution and then your purchase is completed. Your SecureCode will never be shared with the merchant. It’s just like entering your PIN at an ATM. Please click here for further details on MasterCard Secure Code program.
What is the mode of Payment?
Payment by credit cards:
1. Gateway No. 1 (Operated by ICICI Bank) : Payments through any Master / Visa credit cards (Not International credit cards) issued by any bank / HDFC, ICICI, AXIS, SBI, KVB (Karur Vysya Bank) Visa debit cards (only)
Transaction charges of 1.8%on the total transaction value will be levied by the card issuing bank.
2. ICICI Bank 3 monthly installments Scheme : Pay back in 3 EMIs with ICICI Bank Credit Cards.Rs.343 per Rs.1000. Transaction charges 4.65% per Transaction.
3. Gateway No. 2 (Operated by Citibank) : Payments through any Master / Visa / Diners Club credit cards issued by any bank / HDFC, AXIS, SBI, KVB (Karur Vysya Bank) Visa debit cards (only) Transaction charges of 1.8% on the total transaction value will be levied by the card issuing bank.
4. Citibank 3 monthly installment Scheme : Payments through Citibank Credit Cards & Diners Club Credit Cards Transaction charges of 2.8%on the total transaction value will be levied by the Citibank. EMI will be automatically charged to your monthly Credit Card statement.
5. American Express Bank Payment Gateway: Transaction Charges of 1.8% on the total transaction value will be levied for Cards issued by American Express Bank. Transaction charges for American Express Cards issued by any other bank (eg. ICICI Bank) will be as applied by the issuing bank.
6. HDFC PG : >Payments through any Master / Visa credit cards (Not International credit cards) issued by any bank / HDFC, AXIS, SBI, KVB (Karur Vysya Bank) Visa debit cards (only) Transaction charges of 1.8% per transaction
7. AXIS PG : For all Master / Visa credit cards issued by any bank. Transaction charges of 1.65% on the total transaction value will be levied by the card issuing bank
Payment through Direct Debit facility of Internet Banking option of:
- ICICI Bank – Transaction charges of Rs. 10/-+service tax as applicable per transaction.
- HDFC Bank – Transaction charges of Rs. 10/- per transaction.
- IDBI Bank – Transaction charges of Rs. 10/- per transaction.
- Citibank Debit – Transaction charge is Rs. 10/- per transaction.
- Bank Of Punjab Direct Debit – Transaction charges Nil.
- OBC Direct Debit – Transaction charges of Rs. 10/- per transaction, At select branches of OBC.
- AXIS Bank – Transaction charges of Rs. 10/- + Taxes.
- State Bank Of India Direct Debit – Transaction charges of Rs. 10/- per transaction.
- Centurion Bank Direct Debit – No Transaction charges levied.
- Punjab National Bank Direct Debit – No Transaction charges levied.
- ABN-AMRO Bank Direct Debit – No Transaction charges levied.
- Corporation Bank Direct Debit – Transaction charges of Rs. 10/ per transaction.
- Federal Bank Direct Debit – No Transaction charges levied.
- Syndicate Bank Direct Debit – No Transaction charges levied.
- ITZ Cash Direct Debit “Transaction charges of 1.5%”.
- Union Bank of India Direct Debit – No Transaction charges is levied by Union Bank Of India.
- IndusInd Bank Direct Debit – No Transaction charges is levied by IndusInd Bank.
- Andhra Bank Debit – Transaction charges of Rs. 10/- per transaction.
- Icash Card Debit – Transaction charges of RS. 2.50/- per transaction on the total transaction value will be levied.
- Karnataka Bank Direct Debit – No Transaction charges levied.
- Done Card
- Transaction charges of Rs. 5/- per transaction.
- State Bank Of India Debit Card – Transaction charges of Rs. 10/- per transaction.
- HDFC VISA DEBIT CARD – Transaction charge 1.8% of the Total Transaction value
- Bank Of Rajasthan – Transaction charges of Rs. 15/- per transaction.
- Bank Of India – No Transaction charges is levied by Bank Of India.
- Sbi Associates – Transaction charges of Rs. 10/- per transaction.
- Indian bank – Transaction charges of Rs. 10/- per transaction.
- Canara Bank – Transaction charges of Rs. 10/- per transaction.
- Bank of Baroda – No Transaction charges levied.
Please feel free to write your comments, suggestions or corrections.